Review in Geriatric Psychiatry: Preparation for Subspecialty Examinations
A FULL-DAY PROGRAM DESIGNED FOR SUBSPECIALTY EXAM PREPARATION
March 24, 2017
7:00 AM–4:45 PM
William M. McDonald, MD, Program Chair
- Geriatric Psychiatry: Evaluation and Diagnosis
- Dementias: From Risk Factors to Treatment
- Neurological Assessment and Common Neuropsychiatric Disorders
- Anxiety Disorders in Older Patients
- Psychotic Disorders in the Elderly
- Bereavement, Mood Disorders, and Suicide
- Substance Use Disorders
- Sleep Disorders in the Elderly
- Personality Disorders in the Elderly
- ECT: Therapy and Pharmacology
- Palliative Care
- Ethical and Forensic Issues
- Program Objectives
Individuals who participate in this program will be able to:
- Select appropriate evaluation tools for diagnostic assessments.
- Describe treatment interventions for psychiatric disorders in the elderly.
- Compare and contrast treatment options in diverse practice settings.
- Explain the role of the geriatric psychiatrist in health care systems.
- Discuss practice-related federal policies.
Chevelle Brudey, MD
Marie DeWitt, MD
James M. Ellison, MD
Andrea Iaboni, MD
Jennifer Gatchel, MD
Adriana Hermida, MD
John Kasckow, MD, PhD
Maria I. Lapid, MD
Laura Marsh, MD
Vaughn McCall, MD
Arnaldo Moreno, MD
Prasad Padala, MD, MS, FACHE
Sidarth Wakhlu, MD
All course registrants will complete the Review in Geriatric Psychiatry self-assessment examination as part of the Review Course. Registrants will receive the examination via email, which must be completed before April 30, 2017. Upon successful completion of the exam and attendance at the course, participants will earn a total of 10.5 hours of self-assessment CME.
The American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology has reviewed the Review in Geriatric Psychiatry Self-Assessment Program and has approved this program as part of a comprehensive self-assessment program, which is mandated by the ABMS as a necessary component of Maintenance of Certification.
Register early and save!
Early registration fee – on or before January 23, 2017:
AAGP members - $300
Nonmembers - $395
After January 23, 2017:
AAGP members - $370
Nonmembers - $465
The Review in Geriatric Psychiatry Workshop is a specially ticketed event held in conjunction with the AAGP 2017 Annual Meeting. To register, go to 2017 Annual Meeting Registration.
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of the Amedco and the American Association for Geriatric Psychiatry. Amedco is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Designations of Credit
Amedco designates this enduring activity for a maximum of 10.5 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Good preparation for the Geriatric Psychiatry Certification Examination
Maintenance of Certification Exam
April 3-7, 2017
EXAM APPLICATION DEADLINE: November 3, 2016
LATE DEADLINE: December 2, 2016
October 15-19, 2018
EXAM APPLICATION DEADLINE: April 3, 2018
LATE DEADLINE: May 3, 2018
Learn more about the MOC exam at www.ABPN.com