The goal of the Continuing Medical Education Committee is to ensure the education program is consistent with the organizational mission, and to provide a focal point for the dissemination of information about geriatric psychiatry in order to enhance the ability of psychiatrists, primary care physicians and other health care professionals to recognize and address the special mental health needs of the geriatric population.
The Continuing Medical Education Committee shall:
- Provide direction for the continuing professional development activities of AAGP
- Set and implement policy for CME review
- Monitor needs assessment data to plan continuing professional development activities
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the continuing professional development activities and the overall educational program
- Review all activities containing professional development activities for CME designation.