Academic / Research Cognitive Neurologist at Barrow Neurological Institute Phoenix, AZ
Barrow Neurological Institute (BNI) seeks a full-time Cognitive Neurologist at the academic rank of Assistant, Associate, or full Professor. Our faculty represents nearly all specialties of neurology, with a comprehensive neurology residency program, and multiple subspecialties fellowships.
- Focused neuroscience institute with world class neurosurgery, neuroradiology, and active multidisciplinary program to care for Alzheimer’s disease and cognitive disorder
- Join our Alzheimer’s group with a vibrant and growing clinic, an active clinical trials portfolio, and cutting edge laboratory
- Duties include outpatient clinical care, occasional in-patient consultation, with emphasis on teaching and clinical
- Clinic resources for outpatient neurology patients includes a dedicated outpatient neurology infusion center; large, state-of the-art facilities; inpatient headache treatment program; and an established network including neuro- ophthalmology, neurosurgery, social work, neuro-psychology/psychiatry, and physical
- Faculty have academic appointments within BNI, and with the University of Arizona College of Medicine Phoenix and Creighton University School of
- Medical students from University of Arizona College of Medicine Phoenix, and Creighton University School of Medicine rotate through the
- Close collaboration with Neurosurgery and Neurobiology departments where most BNI laboratory scientists have their primary
Candidates must be Board certified or eligible in neurology, and have completed Fellowship training in cognitive disease (Geriatric Neurology or Behavioral Neurology).
Please send a letter of interest along with your CV via email to: Jeremy M. Shefner, M.D., Ph.D., Department of Neurology Chair, Senior Vice President Barrow Neurological Institute at Patricia.Rains@DignityHealth.org.
BNI offers a competitive salary and generous benefits package that includes a relocation allowance
Barrow Neurological Institute (BNI) in Phoenix, Arizona, is an internationally recognized leader in neurology and neurosurgery, with subspecialty clinics in headache, concussion and brain and spinal traumas, neuro- ophthalmology, neuro-oncology, neuro-otology, movement disorders, neuromuscular diseases, stroke, cerebrovascular and cognitive disorders.
Barrow clinicians and researchers are devoted to providing excellent patient care and finding better ways to treat neurological disorders. Barrow Neurological Institute at Dignity Health St. Joseph’s Hospital and Medical Center (SJHMC) is nationally ranked as one of the best centers for neurological and neurosurgical care (US News & World Report), making it one of the elite leaders in the United States for this specialty. SJHMC is a 595+ bed medical surgical not-for-profit hospital with Level One Trauma Unit, Neuro-ICU, EMU and soon to open MEG unit, and state-of-the-art mobile Barrow Emergency Stroke Treatment Unit (BESTU).
Located in the heart of Phoenix, BNI draws patients from the entire United States, Mexico, Canada, and worldwide.
Home to several centers of excellence, including Barrow Brain Tumor Research Center, Barrow Center for Neuromodulation, Gregory W. Fulton ALS and Neuromuscular Disease Center, Tom & Jan Lewis Migraine Treatment Program, and Lonnie & Muhammad Ali Parkinson Center.
Phoenix is an ideal place to raise a family, with excellent schools and well-respected state universities. This southwestern city offers year-round sunshine and opens the door to a variety of recreational activities with dozens of golf courses in the metro area and across the state, hundreds of hiking trails, nearby lakes for fishing and boating, and cool air mountain retreats just a couple of hours away -- a perfect balance of an exciting and stimulating work environment and comfortable lifestyle.