Staff Physician - Director, Geriatric and Neuropsychiatry at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
In a joint appointment with the Department of Neurology and Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Neurosciences, the Director of Geriatric and Neuropsychiatry will participate in programmatic activities which support the Medical Center’s mission of quality patient care, research, and education. The primary areas of support will include clinical programs, education, and research, in the areas of Geriatric Psychiatry, Neuropsychiatry, Consultation-Liaison and Emergency Psychiatry. Under the direction of the Department Chairs, the Director will also provide oversight to Departmental clinical performance of both faculty and attending staff.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Delivery of comprehensive psychiatric evaluation and treatment services for patients with cognitive impairments and their families.
- Delivery of comprehensive consultation-liaison services with other clinical programs and departments in the Medical Center.
- Participation with multidisciplinary care teams in clinical areas throughout the Medical Center.
- Development and participation in patient-centered focal treatment programs related to Consultation-Liaison Psychiatry, i.e. Emergency Psychiatry, Psycho-oncology, HIV Disorders, Ambulatory Care Medicine, Surgical Trauma, Geriatric Psychiatry, Neurology, Organ Transplantation.
- Medical Degree from an accredited medical school
- Completion of residency program in psychiatry and fellowship in geriatric, neurobehavioral or neuropsychiatry
- Board Certification (or eligibility) in Psychiatry and Geriatric, Neurobehavioral or Neuropsychiatry
- Unrestricted California license as Physician with CSMC Medical Staff Membership
- Eligible for recommendation to the appropriate academic rank at the David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA
- A track record of excellence in teaching, patient care and administration
We are among the nation’s leading providers of healthcare services, medical education and medical research, with total annual revenues of $3.5 billion. Cedars-Sinai is one of the largest non-profit academic medical centers in the U.S. with 886 licensed beds, 2,100 physicians, 3,000 nurses and thousands of other healthcare professionals and staff. Clinical programs range from primary care for preventing, diagnosing and treating common conditions to specialized treatments for rare, complex and advanced illnesses. Qualified and Interested candidates should send their CVs to Dr. Zaldy Tan c/o: Academicrecruiting@cshs.org
Cedars-Sinai encourages and welcomes diversity in the workplace AA/EOE