CHIEF MEDICAL OFFICER – Oceans Healthcare – Dallas, TX (Preferred)
Recently named one of North Texas' fastest-growing middle-market companies, Oceans Healthcare is a nationally recognized behavioral health provider focused on healing and long-term recovery. Founded in 2004, Oceans provides inpatient and outpatient treatment with a special focus on the unique physical and emotional needs of older adults and seniors. With locations in Texas and Louisiana, Oceans hospitals are consistently recognized as a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures by The Joint Commission.
Oceans Healthcare is currently searching for a Chief Medical Officer. The Chief Medical Officer is a member of the senior management team responsible for working within all areas of the company to ensure safe and positive patient outcomes and care that is delivered in accordance with the Organization’s mission. This individual is responsible for the organizational efforts related to medical staff credentialing, quality and performance improvement, patient safety, and advocacy on behalf Oceans Healthcare. The Chief Medical Officer serves as a liaison between the Medical Staff of each hospital and the organization’s senior leadership. In collaboration with the larger team, the individual also creates a culture of respect, mutual support and quality services consistent with Oceans strategy and core convictions.
• Doctor of Medicine degree, (MD) or (DO) with board certification required
• Post-graduate training relevant fields of business or healthcare administration preferred
• Fellowship training geriatric psychiatry strongly preferred
• Licensure or eligibility for licensure in the states of Texas and Louisiana
• Must meet eligibility criteria for Medical Staff membership at Oceans Healthcare
• Works in collaboration with Senior Management and Hospital Medical Staff Leadership to create an environment of safe and effective patient care, focusing on a coordinated inpatient and outpatient clinical operation and optimizing resource utilization.
• Provides for an effective communication mechanism for the hospital-based Medical Staff Members to ensure input on key issues such as best practices in patient care and safety.
• Makes regular rounds to the hospitals and works actively with the hospital-based Medical Staff Members.
• Assists in efforts to resolve conflicts should they arise within the Medical Staffs or between Medical Staff Members and the Organization.
• Works collaboratively with physician/non-physician practitioner staff to promote professional standards; developing policies and oversight practices which ensure all medical staff members adhere to those standards.
• Provides oversight and leadership to the organization as it relates to Clinical Quality and Performance Improvement.
• Communicates with providers in the surrounding communities who utilize Oceans Healthcare to ensure that continuity of care is being provided to their patients and that services being provided by Oceans Healthcare are meeting the needs of their patients.
• Represents Oceans Healthcare at local and national conferences by attending or presenting relevant best practice information related to care of the behavioral health patient population.
WHY WORK FOR OCEANS?:
• Top tier organizational culture - https://oceanshealthcare.com/the-oceans-six; and https://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Oceans-Healthcare-EI_IE801791.11,28.htm
• Innovative and dynamic leadership team
• Competitive compensation and benefits
• Relocation Assistance
Please email your CV directly to Brian Johnson at email@example.com; or call at 972-464-5798. We would be happy to answer any additional questions you may have.