AAGP 2021 Virtual Annual Meeting on March 15-19
EXHIBIT / SPONSOR
About the #AAGP2021 Virtual Annual Meeting
The number of older adults with mental illness is growing at an incredible rate and have a significant impact on our nation’s health. The AAGP Annual Meeting is the largest meeting of physicians and other health care professionals focused on late-life mental illness. The number of attendees are increasing year after year because this meeting has become the primary scientific meeting for presentation of cutting-edge research and new clinical innovations related to late-life mental illness.
Due to the continued spread of COVID-19 and the pandemic’s uncertain course, the AAGP Board of Directors has chosen to offer a virtual meeting in 2021 that will provide high-quality educational programming for all attendees while helping to maintain attendee safety and public health.
The AAGP Meeting will be held on March 15-19, 2021, and offer:
- 25 Sessions during the live 5-day meeting. These sessions will feature live Q&A discussions with session faculty.
- Most of the sessions will be recorded and available to view later.
- 17.5 AMA Category 1 Credit Hours will be available for the live meeting
- Up to 10 additional AMA Category Credit Hours will be available for on-demand session content
- 8 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits ABPN-approved MOC-2 Self-Assessment Exam (available on March 1, 2021-April 30, 2021)
- Continuing Education Credit Hours will be offered for Nurses, Psychologists, Social Workers and Pharmacists.
- There will be a virtual Poster Halls for Early Investigators and New/Late-Breaking Research.
- Attendees have the opportunity to earn additional CME credit by participating in the monthly AAGP Webinar Series or reviewing prior webinar presentation enduring material free of charge thanks to a generous educational grant provided by the American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology.
The AAGP Annual Meeting offers cutting-edge educational programming for a broad audience of allied health professionals, including geriatric and general psychiatrists, psychologists, nurse practitioners, social workers and researchers. We also encourage general psychiatry residents and medical students with a special interest in the mental health treatment of older adults to attend our annual meeting.
What’s Different This Year?
Committee and Caucus Meetings will be held at regular intervals throughout 2021 but not concurrent with the AAGP 2021 Annual Meeting. Check the meeting website or AAGP Member Connect for currently scheduled Committee and Caucus Meetings. AAGP Member Connect will be replacing the committee and caucus listservs so if you’ve not already created your profile, you may do so here.
There will be no Geriatric Psychiatry Board Review Course. Those wishing to refresh their skills for certification or re-certification board exams may wish to purchase the AAGP iGPSAP, an online self-study program with more than 500 questions in more than 35 categories to assist you as you prepare for subspecialty certification or re-certification. The iGPSAP is designed as a self-study program and is not intended to be an examination. The iGPSAP is worth 42 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits.
The Training Directors Workshop will take place virtually on March 12, 2021 (3:00 PM – 5:30 PM Eastern), and a follow up meeting on April 12, 2021. Check the Teaching & Training Committee Community on AAGP Member Connect for more information.
The AAGP Honors Scholars Program will not take place in concert with the 2021 AAGP Virtual Annual Meeting but instead be held on March 26 to allow scholars and medical students to attend the entire virtual meeting and participate in a full day of program specially created for them on March 26.