West Virginia University School of Medicine, the Department of Behavioral Medicine and Psychiatry, and the WVU Rockefeller Neuroscience Institute seek a Clinical Geropsychologist (ranks available: Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, or Professor).
The successful candidate will be expected to practice in Morgantown, WV.
- The successful candidate will practice in the area of Geropsychology and will provide assessment, intervention, and consultation services to older adults and their family members/caregivers.
- The candidate will have a background and expertise in issues relevant to the psychological, emotional, sociological, neurological, physical, and mental health issues of aging individuals.
- The candidate will be integrated into the WVU Rockefeller Neuroscience Institute Memory Health Center, which is the only multi-disciplinary specialty clinic in the state of West Virginia that specializes in: specific diagnosis of dementia and underlying conditions, development of a comprehensive treatment plan for the patient, and interventions to address patient’s caregiver/family’s needs.
- The candidate will play an integral role in providing assessment, intervention, and consultation services within the Memory Health Center to caregivers of persons with neurocognitive disorders. In addition, the candidate will be integrated into the WVU Department of Behavioral Medicine and Psychiatry.
- The successful candidate will provide outpatient clinical services while also supporting Department initiatives to expand and develop new services/programming for older adults. In addition to providing excellent patient care, the successful candidate will also be actively involved in teaching medical students, residents, and fellows as well as psychology interns in our APA-accredited internship program.
Applicants must have a PhD or PsyD in clinical psychology from an APA/CPA-accredited graduate program with an APA/CPA-approved internship. Applicants must be eligible to sit for ABPP in geropsychology. Immediate eligibility for licensure in West Virginia is required. All qualifications must be met by the time of appointment.
Within the Department of Behavioral Medicine and Psychiatry, there is a strong collaborative focus on clinical service, teaching, and scholarship among psychologists, psychiatrists, and social workers. The Department of Behavioral Medicine and Psychiatry is dedicated to the principles of equity, diversity, and inclusion in fostering a multicultural pluralistic environment. We are committed to promoting diversity of race, gender, gender identity or expression, age, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin, disability status, and veteran status at all levels within our Department. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment. For more information on our diversity initiatives at WVU, visit https://diversity.wvu.edu/home.
About West Virginia University School of Medicine
The West Virginia University Health System is West Virginia’s largest health system and the state’s largest employer. With 2,000 licensed beds and 2,000 active medical staff, the Health System includes 16 hospitals, including a 675-bed academic medical center and new 150-bed Children’s Hospital in Morgantown, West Virginia; seven community hospitals; and eight critical access hospitals. The Health System manages five additional hospitals. To learn more, visit WVUMedicine.org.
Morgantown, West Virginia is consistently rated as one of the best small metropolitan areas in the country for both lifestyle and business climate. The area offers the cultural diversity and amenities of a large city in a safe, family-friendly environment. There is also an excellent school system and an abundance of beautiful homes and recreational activities. Morgantown is just over an hour south of Pittsburgh, PA and three hours from Washington, D.C. and Baltimore, MD.
West Virginia University & University Health Associates are an AA/EO employer – Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – and WVU is the recipient of an NSF ADVANCE award for gender equity.