Job Type

Full Time


University of California, Davis



How to Contact

To apply please email your CV and Letter of Interest to Janet Andrian at janet.andrian@amnhealthcare.com.

UC Davis Seeks a Geropsychiatrist for Its Healthy Aging Clinic | Apply Your Vision to Help Grow the Clinic | Outpatient Position | Live and Work in Highly Desirable and Diverse Sacramento, CA
The Department of Psychiatry at the University of California, Davis, seeks a Geropsychiatrist to help lead the Healthy Aging Clinic and its multidisciplinary approach. The incoming Geropsychiatrist will apply their vision for this teaching clinic and supervise medical students, residents, and NPs. The Healthy Aging Clinic offers services for patients aged 65 or older and their caregivers. Services include neurology, neuropsychology, nursing, dietary planning, pharmacy, and social work. This full-time faculty position is at the rank of Assistant or Associate Professor with a collegial and growing Psychiatry Department ranked 14th in the nation for psychiatry research funding, according to the Blue Ridge Institute for Medical Research.
Opportunity Highlights
· Enjoy an 80% clinical workload, with the remaining 20% dedicated to academic and teaching responsibilities
· Explore the potential for a hybrid position that includes telepsychiatry and in-person consultations
· Thrive in an outpatient setting while having the option to incorporate inpatient consults or work with rehabilitation hospitals if desired
· Practice in Sacramento, recognized as California’s Best Place to Live in 2023 by Forbes
· Apply your unique vision to this teaching clinic while benefiting from the input of a collaborative and supportive team
· Supervise and mentor medical students, residents, and NPs while maintaining the capacity to manage unstable patients effectively
· Secure a full-time faculty position at the rank of Assistant or Associate Professor in a collegial and growing department
· The Healthy Aging Clinic offers a range of services for patients aged 65 or older and their caregivers, encompassing neurology, neuropsychology, nursing, dietary planning, pharmacy, and social work
· Clinic received an Age-Friendly Health System designation
· Explore the potential for addressing psychiatric needs in a brand new rehab hospital, expanding your impact in the field of mental health
Community Highlights – Live and Work in Desirable Sacramento
Live and work in Sacramento, CA, where you’ll find a significantly lower cost of living than in San Francisco, Los Angeles, San Diego, and other parts of California. One of the state’s most historic areas, California’s capital city region is filled with community events and activities and endless opportunities to experience adventure in the surrounding scenic nature.
· Sacramento is ranked as the No. 1 place to live in California in 2023 by Forbes
· Sacramento is one of the top 3 most diverse large cities in America, according to US Census Bureau data
· Sacramento’s cost of living is 40% lower than San Francisco’s
· Remarkable housing options
· Access to plenty of big-city amenities, including a vibrant downtown area, professional sports, and an international airport
· Enjoy convenient proximity to Lake Tahoe, wine country, beaches, and the San Francisco Bay Area
· California is a Best Place to Practice in 2023 (Medscape)

About University of California, Davis

Share This