Join a team that’s Changing What’s Possible – The Medical University of South Carolina’s Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences is actively recruiting for a General/Geriatric Psychiatrist to provide services at our MUSC Orangeburg location.
Clinical responsibilities will include new admission assessments and discharges, evaluation and management of psychiatric patients on the inpatient unit, providing psychiatric consults for medical inpatients, and supervision of Psychiatric Nurse Practitioners.
We are seeking candidates with:
• Motivation and desire to work with an excellent multidisciplinary psychiatric care team
• Training from an accredited Psychiatry Program
• Board Certification / Board Eligibility in Psychiatry
• 8 – 5 Monday-Friday
• Located in the main hospital
• Coverage in Geriatric Psychiatry Inpatient Unit (15 beds)
• Duties include hospital consults and APP supervision
• Opportunities to teach medical students available
• Providers have the opportunity to live outside the greater Orangeburg area and commute to
The candidate chosen for this role will be connected to MUSC’s Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences in Charleston via an affiliate faculty appointment, and will receive access to the division’s resources, as well as clinical support from the Charleston team. Join a team of driven providers that is dedicated to making transformational care more widely available to patients throughout South Carolina.
Learn more about MUSC’s Department of Psychiatry here: https://medicine.musc.edu/departments/psychiatry/about
We will provide:
• Competitive compensation
• Commencement Bonus
• Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) eligibility
• Occurrence malpractice coverage
• Employer-funded retirement plan
• $5,000 CME allowance + 5 days off
• Affiliate faculty appointment, and access to the resources which accompany an academic
MUSC Health – Orangeburg
MUSC Orangeburg is a 286-bed acute care hospital and 22 medical practices including seven primary care practices and 15 specialty practices serving the counties of Orangeburg and Calhoun.
Recruitment Contact – Paula Pratt, MUSC Provider Recruiter