AAGP invites members to get involved and seek leadership positions on committees and on the Board of Directors. The organization needs a continual infusion of active volunteers and leaders in order to grow and prosper. Take this opportunity to shape the future of your association.
How to Join a Committee
Getting involved in AAGP is easy! Click here to see a list of AAGP’s committees and caucuses. During the annual meeting, simply show up at a committee or caucus meeting and be a willing volunteer.
Pathway to Leadership
- Join a committee or caucus and actively participate. AAGP is an organization of volunteers, and those who are willing to dedicate time and effort are welcome. Contact your chair and ask how you can help.
- Seek a committee or caucus chair position. Talk with your committee chair or other AAGP leaders about how you can take on an increased role in a committee or caucus, perhaps as chair of a sub-committee or as a vice-chair. New volunteers are always needed.
- Run for the Board of Directors. Submit your application to the AAGP Nominations Committee. Your participation and leadership on AAGP committees or other task forces and projects will be heavily weighted by the nominations committee.
2024 MIT Board Member Application
The AAGP Member-in-Training (MIT) Nominations Committee is seeking qualified candidates to run for the MIT Board Member position for 2024-2025!
All current AAGP MITs are eligible to run. An MIT is defined as a physician who: (1) is enrolled in an accredited residency in psychiatry; or (2) is enrolled in a fellowship in geriatric psychiatry that is affiliated with an accredited residency program. MITs interested in being considered for this position are encouraged to submit a completed application to the MIT Nominations Committee.
MIT Board Member Term of Service:
- Beginning January 15, 2024 through the AAGP annual meeting in March 2024, the MIT will shadow the current MIT Board Member, Saumya Bhutani, MD.
- Starting March 18, 2024, the MIT will become a full voting member of the AAGP Board of Directors, with attendance virtually/in-person (as indicated) at monthly Board meetings through the end of the AAGP annual meeting in March 2025.
- In person attendance at the AAGP annual meeting in March 2024 and March 2025 is required.
- The MIT will be an Ex-officio (i.e., non-voting) member of the Board for an additional 3 months after MIT term completion
To apply for this position, please complete the application and disclosure forms no later than November 17, 2023. To view and complete the application, please visit: https://form.jotform.com/232965688076170
Nomination and Election Process:
The MIT Nominations Committee will review all applications and generate a slate of candidates. The final slate will then be presented to the MIT members for a final vote. After all votes are tabulated, candidates will be given notice of the election results.
AAGP MIT Nominations Committee:
Saumya Bhutani, Current AAGP MIT Board Member
Michelle Conroy, MD, Chair, AAGP Teaching and Training Committee
Brandon Yarns, MD, Vice Chair, AAGP Teaching and Training Committee